Some of the concerns about cloud networking on the web include:
- Security: security concerns always need to be addressed first when IT managers are considering any cloud networking services. Many IT managers are apprehensive about the ability to control access to their sensitive data that would reside in the cloud and cannot afford the data being compromised. Despite the micro trend of moving to the cloud, some IT managers may still be more comfortable with data deployed and maintained on their own infrastructure. These fears can easily be alleviated by cloud networking providers clearly stating the physical security specifications of their datacenters as well as other security certifications they have attained. Cloud networking providers must also assure their IT customers that only users designated by them will have the ability to access and edit company data.
- Privacy: Maintaining privacy over a cloud network is a key concern for many IT managers. IT department needs to be assured that data is not being monitored either internally or externally by the cloud provider or by any outside hacker. Cloud networking providers adopt myriad ways to protect privacy, including using comprehensive authentication techniques and encryption methods.
- High Availability: ability to ensure high availability of data in the cloud causes fear in the IT department. This is important for cloud networking as a company’s IT department must keep their end users happy and make certain the company’s output and productivity won’t be affected by any downtime. IT users are looking for some form of guarantee from providers that their networking, data will be up and accessible at all times.
- Poor application performance. Companies cannot afford to have IT users become less productive while waiting for browsers or applications that rely on cloud technologies to load. It is essential for cloud networking providers to continuously monitor usage to make sure any applications being accessed by their IT clients are being delivered optimally and efficiency.
- Many IT departments have to face regulatory compliances in order for their companies to stay in business. Companies that have to comply such measures may fear moving to the cloud. Cloud networking providers must be transparent in sharing details such encryption methods being used, the capability of generating audit reports or the locations of their datacenters to help organizations maintain compliance.
To be sure of web hosting on the cloud, you need to use one of the top ranking web hoster companies. Hostgator.com has been known to be the best web hosting company being ranked number one ahead of eHost.com, Hostclear, idealhost, iPage, bluehost, website builder.com just to name but a few. Hostgator.com, using their hostgator coupons, will provide you with a service that is friendly and helpful. Apart from that, you will get the best support service while hosting on their web on the cloud. It has unbelievable tech support, 99.9% uptime guarantee, 45 days money back guarantee from the CEO, 24/7 support from USA and much more.What else do you require while web hosting?
Microsoft Azure platform provides a familiar and flexible environment to drive and support specific needs and services of the development team, customers, and users. The window Azure platform provides a uniform experience as it enables developers and users to use existing Microsoft technologies to develop or use applications on premise or in the cloud. The platform comprises:
Windows Azure is a cloud web hosting operating system with the ability to host services and manage them centrally. This makes it to provide a wide range of capabilities in the form of computing services to run applications, storage services, and creating a framework that supports numerous applications. It lays the foundation for running applications and storing data in the cloud.
Google AppEngine as A Cloud Hosting Provider
Google AppEngine is a system that exposes various pieces of Google’s scalable infrastructure so that you write server side applications on top of them. It is a platform which allows users to run and host their web applications on Google infrastructure. These applications are easy to build, easy to maintain and easy to scale whenever traffic and data storage needed. When you use Google AppEngine, there are no servers to maintain and no administrators needed. The idea is that, users just upload their applications and it is ready to serve its own customers. The user has a choice either his product to be served by free domain, appspot.com or to allow Google Apps to serve it from domain chose by the customer. On this cloud hosting, Google also provides the user with the option to limit the access of the application within the member of his own organization or to share with the rest of the world.
Rackspace Cloud Servers as a Cloud Hosting Provider
Example of a Rackspace cloud web hosting is Vend which is an online point of sale application. It provides all the benefits of cloud computing and provide the cost saving benefits with no stress infrastructure management to retail business owners. From an economic perspective, the saving made by use of a cloud hosting provider is impressive. It gives:
- Server maintenance of the internal hosted retail platform
- IT support for each POS and upgrades are provided for
- IT support of the Head office infrastructure and network are offered
- Remote backup services are available.
Conclusion of Cloud Hosting Comparisons
Depending on the size of the organization, one is spoilt for choice on which cloud web hosting services to go for. Get it done the Hostgator.com way of purchasing using a coupon from http://hostgrade.org/hostgator-coupon/ and getting discounts while enjoying high quality web hosting services from the experts in the field. They can advise your company, whether the cloud or in-house way is the way to go. It is advisable to go the hybrid way because both cloud and in house have their own cons which if combined, one can come up with the best web hosting services for own company.
Cloud web hosting has become the in thing in recent years. Most cloud customers are outsourcing their computer and storage to public providers and pay for the service usage on demand. When compared to traditional computing models that uses in house infrastructure, the cloud computing offers unprecedented advantages in terms of cost and reliability. No hardware purchase is required for a cloud customer, thus saving on the initial cost before launching services, or other provision to accommodate future or peak demand. The customer only pays for what she actually uses and promises to scale on demand. The customer can avoid the cost of maintaining an IT staff to manage in house server and network infrastructure.
Pros and Cons of In-house Server
A failed server can have diverse effects on an organization. For reliable servers, get your set from hostgator.com via discounted rates by buying their Hostgator coupon. This professionals will tell you that, the first thing you should look into is whether the server should be inhouse or on the cloud. Most organizations are going for the cloud servers. Though cloud might seem expensive, but it its benefits can outweigh the cost of some business (that is, if you are into large scale business). Though the in house is cheap, but it is limited when it comes to speed; it operates according to the connectivity of the in house internet. And in most cases, in house server is prone to attacks from third party servers who might have access to your information without your knowledge. It is expensive to set up an in house server as you are required to buy infrastructure to set it up.
Public Cloud Web Hosting
Most companies are riding to provide public cloud computing services. These companies include Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Rackspace, and GoGrid. They offer a variety of options in terms of pricing, performance, and feature set. Some of them offer platform as a service (PaaS) where a cloud customer builds applications using APIs provided by the cloud; others offer infrastructure as a service (IaaS) where a customer runs applications inside virtual machines (VMs), using APIs provided by their chosen guest operating systems. They also differ in pricing models for example, Amazon’s AWS charges by the number and duration of VM instances used by the customer while Google AppEngine charges by the number of CPU cycles consumed by a customer’s application.
Amazon AWS as a Cloud Web Hosting Provider
With Amazon AWS, you can easily build and manage your websites and applications. Some of the common uses of AWS are:
- Store public or private data
- Host a static website. These websites use client side technologies such as HTML, CSS and Java Script to display content that doesn’t change frequently. A Static website doesn’t require server side technologies such as PHP and ASP NET.
- It can host a dynamic website or web app. These websites include classic three tier with web applications, and database tiers
- Support students or online programs through cloud hosting
- Process business and scientific data
- Handle pick loads